I'd like to thank the Academy . . . oops; it's not the Academy Award but the Versatile Blogger Award! My first award for this blog! I'd like to thank Ms. Understood from On This Journey Called . . . Life.
I have studied the requirements for this award and one of them is to say seven things about myself that nobody knows. So here goes . . .
1. I used to own over 4,000 books. Yes, I counted them. I was going to put them in a database, but I gave up.
2. Because of my book addiction, I have another blog, The Literary Lioness, which I keep for book reviews and anything relating to books, writing, cats, etc. I need to post there more often, though.
3. I'm a real blonde. Really.
4. Until I joined Over 40 Bloggers, I rarely admitted to anyone my real age -- because I'm small and slim, I look a bit younger. Joining that group was a huge step forward in being more honest. Even many people at my job didn't know my real age.
5. I'm going through menopause, and am dealing with some weight gain, depression, and all-around turmoil. It wreaks huge changes on your body and psyche. Those hot flashes, man, are difficult, although not as difficult as menstrual cramps. . .
6. I'm a huge Linda Ronstadt fan. I love almost everything that she has recorded. Well, at least the rock and country stuff. Thank God for YouTube, so I can see early Linda.
7. I'm a struggling to recover shopaholic. It's a hard fight. Unfortunately my credit rating has really suffered from it. I'm still dealing with the fall-out.
Part of this award is that I have to pass it on to 15 other bloggers. I have an eclectic taste in blogs -- I love personal blogs, plus blogs about humor, movies, books, writing and almost anything else if it is well written and aesthetically pleasing.
If someone has a true passion for what they write about, and has obviously done real research, I'll read it, even if it is unusual.
I chose some blogs that are have had some success, but also I specifically looked for blogs that are somewhat obscure, or rather, up-and-coming. I love finding little-known blogs that are really well done.
So in alphabetical order . . .
Drum roll please . . .
A Lovely Shore Breeze -- Somehow Caite manages to write about books, New Jersey, recipes, and photos all in one blog (while I have to use two different blogs), and she does it beautifully.
A Southern Woman Rambles -- A beautifully written blog about her life and times. She is the founder of Real Bloggers United!
Awful Library Books: Hilarious! Old library books that desperately need to be weeded.
Beth Fish Reads -- One of my favorite books blogs. I love her style.
CatSynth -- A most unusual blog about cats, synthesizers, and photography. Besides, I had to have at least one cat blog in this list.
Forget the Talkies! -- In which a 23-year-old (!) writes about silent movies and the people who made them. She really knows her stuff, and her passion for the subject is obvious!
Forgotten Bookmarks: Interesting objects found in used books. I've found some interesting things myself in books. I wish I had kept them.
La Bella Vita -- Food blogs tend to be beautiful, but this is one of the most gorgeous food blogs out there.
La Vie Graphite -- Putting pencil to paper. I still love writing in notebooks.
Letters of Note -- Fascinating letters, postcards, etc. Very interesting stuff.
Literary Rejections on Display -- Well, I'm not rejecting Writer Rejected. This is an unusual blog about being a rejected writer.
A "New" Jersey Girl -- Great photos in this Jersey blog. And she keeps running into bears . . .
Pleasant Family Shopping -- This blog mean seem an odd choice, but it's about old stores that mostly don't exist anymore. This blogger really has done his research and loves his subject. It really brings back memories.
That's the Press, Baby! -- An unusual blog that somehow combines writing about newspapers . . . and department stores -- and makes it work.
The Moviezzz Blog -- This blogger loves movies, especially from the 1980's I especially like the Whatever Happened to . . . section.