10 Things I Love About Summer
I love making lists. I love summer. Here are 10 things I love about the summer:
- The skies don't get dark until almost 9 P.M. (my absolutely favorite part of summer besides the warmth of the sun)
- Drinking unsweetened iced tea
- Drinking Starbucks Caramel Frappuccinos -- too much sugar and fat, I know, but it's like eating dessert with your coffee.
- Swimming in a pool (not lakes or oceans), especially underwater. I even love the smell of the chlorine.
- Barbecues and picnics. I love picnic foods: potato salad, burgers, almost anything grilled.
- Fresh veggies and fruits (I hate frozen or canned). Making salads with the veggies. Making smoothies with the fruits.
- You can open the moon-roof in the car.
- Eating outdoors at sidewalk cafes.
- Sitting (and dreaming) on front porches.
- The scent of Coppertone.